Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring is Near

I would like to welcome everyone back from Spring Break. I hope that each of you were able to find some time for rest and relaxation. I also hope that you were able to spend some time with family and friends.

This is the beginning of a really busy time for school, as well as, the students and parents. We have many activities taking place, and it often seems like we are meeting ourselves coming and going. However, it happens like this every year, and we always make it through. This year will be no different. Think of it as the opportunities that you get to spend time with your children and the other fine folks from the Harleton community.

Please remember that the new testing system will begin soon. The STAAR test will take the place of TAKS, and the state tells us that it will be much more rigorous for the students. If you haven't done so, I would suggest that you visit the Texas Education Agency website and take a look at the sample questions from the new exams. I think you will be greatly surprised. Also, keep in mind that these tests will have a time limit. Students will have 4 hours to finish their exams. Although the tests will be more difficult, I have faith in our students and teachers, and I believe that they will continue to succeed as they have in the past.

Once again, I welcome you back and hope you have a wonderful Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment